cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Redefining "OK"




John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Yesterday morning's commute didn't end where I expected it to end (at work).  A normal part of my commute is hugging the white line around that curve on Wildlife Access Road where drivers coming the other way always go too fast and many times cross over the yellow lines.  

Yesterday was no different except for a couple of factors.  There was rain-a lot of it, and I wasn't driving my little bug.  (key word: little)

True to form, another driver was too close to the yellow line for my comfort and I inched over.  ...only the mid sized rental car I was driving went a bit further than an inch and caught the edge of the road.  

Mud is slippery. (I know...duh.  Right?)  Yesterday's mud was no different as it seemed to grab my car by the tire and sling it around.  I couldn't get it back on the road.  It also appears that the car I was driving thought Duke Power put too many telephone poles up on that stretch of road.  (Never trust the intuition of a red car.)

I can't begin to tell you all of the "coincidences" that happened in that moment.  A super kind man whom I've known since I was in college *cough* (unintelligible number) of years ago was right behind me on the road.  His was the first voice I heard, and it was so comforting to be known.  He called his beautiful bride.  She spent the day anticipating my needs and expertly caring for me.  I'm so grateful.  

I couldn't have been more sheltered or cared for.  My physical body is OK.  More importantly, my heart was okay.  I was Loved with an everlasting Love.  I am sheltered from post accident fear (as long as I take those thoughts captive).  I was given courage.  

We are going to experience being physically broken down, struck down and let down in this world.  

"In this world you will have trouble..." (emphasis mine)

It's a given.  

We can count on eventually being devastated, wounded, disappointed and rejected at some time in our lives.  We will be separated from loved ones.  

We will hurt, and the world won't call it "okay".  

Today I'm okay in every sense.  My body is tired, swollen in places, bruised in others, and oh so very sore.  But, I'm intact.  I'm safe. ...and I survived telling my mom. :)

Most importantly, Jesus holds my heart.  He's helping me take my thoughts captive.  He orchestrated a community to remind me that He gives only godd things.  The breakfast Mimi made for me was a message "Taste and see that the Lord is good."  He's showing me that He really has overcome the world, and at the same time, He knows the smallest details of my soul. A wise man once told me "God is big enough and he's small enough." 


Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord you God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.   

No matter what life brings, our injured souls will be quieted by Abba's love.  He will save us from despair.  He will provide a way out of temptation.  He *is* good.  He is kind.  He is just; and his character never changes.  

Will we always understand why He allows us to be in situations we need saving from?  No.  Not at all.  Will we always be physically safe?  Nope.  

But, because of what my new buddy Zephaniah said, I can testify with confidence in the grand scheme of things, we will be okay.


PS.  This is the Chorus He sung over me yesterday morning.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment